It doesn't quite fit what the network designers want. When the MV1N system, the
one I simply called MVS1 in the original diagram, is available, they want all
MVS1 traffic to go through it. The other problem is that during our attempts to
get TCPNJE to work on MVS, we found that JES2 went crazy when it had either
more than or less than 2 streams defined. I don't know if that was even
reported to IBM because the MVS guys were satisfied that 2 streams worked.

I guess that the best way for them to have automatic fail-over capabilities for
the MVS1-plex is for them to build it into  the network. Either that or have a
group defined that contains the MVS1A, B, C, etc., machines defined but not the
one normally handling the network for the plex. Then, if MV1N is down, they
could route the traffic bound for MVS1 to the new group. It would take commands
to switch, but it would work better than having all traffic just pile up until
the network machine is available again.

The business of the link is highly variable. Sometimes it sits idle for hours.
Other times, it is busy enough to have as many as 200+ jobs pile up. Most jobs
being submitted to MVS are small; some of the return traffic is quite
significant (more than 10,000,000 records).

Regards,
Richard Schuh