On Friday, 05/01/2009 at 01:36 EDT, "Dean, David (I/S)"
<david_d...@bcbst.com> wrote:
> Two excellent explanations by Mr. Troth and Mr. Laflamme, they are right
> on.  Thank you.  The sad part is we set this scenario up to overcome
> POLITICAL boundaries between I/S fiefdoms and showcase the technologies.
> We do not do this in production.
>
> Some of the guys still tics.

In the interest of full disclosure, folks have tried for years to get us
to open up the low-level API into SFS.  The trouble is that it is
extremely complex and was never *designed* to be public.  It was
*designed* to be used by the CMS filesystem.  Hence, there is no nice SFS
API Reference and User Guide laying around and no test cases to drive it
sans CMS filesystem.

In other words, bringing the SFS low-level API into the light would cost a
lot of money with no measurable return on that investment.