From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Scott Rohling
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:46 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] How long is YOUR signature/disclaimer?

This is a plea to all of you with signature lines with all kinds of junk (like
all those preachy quotes you might think others will appreciate) -- and
ESPECIALLY those of you with company disclaimers:

Please find a way to post with as clean a signature as you can.

I've run across some posts lately that are just completely ridiculous.  1 line
of question or comment followed by 100 lines of your particular company's
disclaimer.   While it's very helpful at times to see where you all work -
maybe using your personal email rather than your company email is a better
idea.  That way you don't have to disclaim anything and aren't helping fill up
these mailing lists with 'meta text'.

I'm sure this will be seen as 'meta' discussion - but I'm especially cranky
today, so what the heck   ;-)

Thanks for your consideration:    Scott