From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:47 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CP DIAL question

It's not an MVS guest.  MVS runs in it's own lpar.  The user that I said
users dial into is a VM userid running VM/VTAM with a connection to VTAM
on the MVS lpar.

"Re-training users how to use another method can be fun."   Surely you
jest :-) .

Jim

Daniel Allen wrote:

        --0016364eef74bf36d0046ad1939c

        Do you run TCPIP on your MVS guest ? If so, TN3270 should work.

        Re-training users how to use another method can be fun.

        On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Bob Bates
<robert.ba...@wellsfargo.com> <mailto:robert.ba...@wellsfargo.com>
wrote:

                One of the things I in order to inform the DIAL users
where to dial (it was
                a University) was to update the INPTAREA SAMPLE with a
message so that the
                logo screen had the correct DIAL command above the
COMMAND line. Example:

                Fill in you USERID and PASSWORD and press ENTER
                (Your password will no appear when you type it)
                USERID   ===>
                PASSWORD ===>
                To access the online library catalog enter D PONY below
                COMMAND  ===>

                It was the easiest way to handle it.

                Bob Bates
                Enterprise Hosting Services

                w. (469)892-6660
                c. (214) 907-5071

                "This message may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.  If
                you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this
for the addressee,
                you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action
based on this message
                or any information herein.  If you have received this
message in error,
                please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
delete this
                message.  Thank you for your cooperation."