I just tested an easy bypass.  I've got an SETVMDBK EXEC that allows a
privileged user to zap certain bits in the VMDBK of logged on users.
This SETVMDBK has proven to work surely up to z/VM 5.4.

>From MAINT:
- XAUTOLOG DIRMAINT
- SET PRIVCLASS DIRAMINT +A (if it hasn't class A already)
- SETVMDBK DIRMAINT DEVMAINT
- DIRM CP DEFINE MDISK 123 0 END 540RES
Et voila....  I'll send SETVMDBK is a separate email (a bit too long
to imbed here)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support