You should really use a separate LPAR for production if your serious about
separating the environments - which I'd strongly advise that you do.

If not and it has to be the same LPAR then:

-  A separate VSWITCH for prod - hopefully on a separate OSA..
communication to the production network should not take place without having
to go out and back in thru a firewall (as in coming from test or dev - don't
allow direct communication from test/dev servers)
-  SHARE settings in place to guarantee production guests will run - even at
the expense of test/dev guests.
-  Production guests should be in your AUTOLOG procedure and come up
automatically
-  Checks should be done to ensure all production guests are running when
z/VM comes up
-  ALWAYS shutdown the guests - make sure the guests honor a signal and
Linux is setup to LOGOFF the guest when signalled.

I'm sure others will have more ideas as well..

Scott