In  RPIDIRCT SYSUT1 I do have

RDEFINE VMMDISK MAINT.CF1 OWNER(MAINT) UACC(NONE)
 PERMIT MAINT.CF1 CLASS(VMMDISK) RESET ID(MAINT) AC(ALTER)

Thanks Rod, Scott and  Jon, My errors is gone now. :)

I guess the way I did :
                               log in IBMUSER
                Rac SETROPTS CLASSACT (VMDISK)  : (VMROR) : (VMBATCH)
:(VMSEGMT)
Then I log off and log in maint.
All the errors are gone!

Does that mean in RACF Program Directory the task 14: Set RACF Options is
must iteml for the new install?

Sunny Hu
Information Management
W.C.B. Alberta
(780) 498-4739
sunny...@wcb.ab.ca

Jonathan R Nolting <jrnol...@us.ibm.com>
06/10/2009 02:34 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: the errors after turn on RACF

Sunny,

Looks like you ran the DIRM USER command to get the copy of the directory
that was passed to RPIDIRCT to create the RACF commands. However, it does
not look like you ran the RPIBLDDS to actually update the RACF database
since you indicated running VMFVIEW SERVICE. Can you confirm you actually
ran the RACF commands?
z/VM includes a set of CP directory control statements that are used to
define OpenExtensions information to z/VM. You can use the OVM option of
the RPIDIRCT EXEC to process only the OpenExtensions information in the CP
directory, as follows:

RPIDIRCT filename filetype filemode outmode (OVM

When you are satisfied with the output from RPIDIRCT, invoke RPIBLDDS as
follows:

RPIBLDDS filename

where filename is the name of the SYSUT1 file created by RPIDIRCT.
>From the RPIDIRCT SYSUT1 file, can you cut/paste the commands related to
MAINT.CF1. They should be similar to RDEF/RDEFINE VMMDISK MAINT.CF1.

Issuing the RACF command RLIST VMMDISK * should show all entries in the
class. Can you provide all or some of the output?

Jon Nolting - System z IT Architect (zITA)
IBM US West IMT based near Seattle
(206) 587-2244 (Work) - T/L 277-244
(425) 281-5750 (Cell)
(206) 587-2244 (Fax)
(425) 222-7969 (Home)

sunny.hu---06/10/2009 01:08:15 PM---I used dirm user withpass

sunny...@wcb.ab.ca

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

06/10/2009 01:08 PM

Re: the errors after turn on RACF

Sent by:

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

I used
dirm user withpass
Rpidirct user withpass z a

The file is the same like what RACF Program Directory describe: ADDUSER
----
RDEFINE....
Permit.....
NO error when issue Vmfview service

I only want to establish the simple and basic RACF without share database.

Do I have the "Disallow Access" problem? I never change that on 5.4.

This is the most challange work I have in my life.

Sunny Hu
Information Management
W.C.B. Alberta
(780) 498-4739
sunny...@wcb.ab.ca

Scott Rohling <scott.rohl...@gmail.com>
06/10/2009 01:04 PM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: the errors after turn on RACF

What does your RPDIRCT SYSUT1 look like (Please don't append it here!)?
Does it look like it was generated properly? Are the RDEFINE for the MAINT
disks in there? Any errors during any of these processes?

Scott

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM, <sunny...@wcb.ab.ca> wrote:

Yes. I generate RPDIRCT SYSUT1 from Dirmaint.
And I rpibildds it.
Then I am able to login Maint.
Here is I saw the error.

Sunny Hu
Information Management
W.C.B. Alberta
(780) 498-4739
sunny...@wcb.ab.ca
Bruce Hayden <bjhay...@gmail.com>
06/10/2009 10:43 AM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: the errors after turn on RACF

Did you complete all the steps in the program directory?  In
particular, did you run RPIDIRCT to scan your current directory and
did you run RPIBLDDS to load this output file into your initial
database?

You can find the program directory at
http://www.vm.ibm.com/progdir/5vmrac40.pdf

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support

Scanned by WCB Webgate1 AntiSpam/AntiVirus email gateway.
This message is intended only for the addressee. It may contain privileged
or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then
delete the original email. Thank you. (Sent by Webgate1)