On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Kris Buelens<kris.buel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To avoid the problem of the target for the backup being RELEASEd (due
> to restart of the backup SFS), you can use the SFSDOT commands
> (explained in sample document on MAINT 193 or 3B2):

So why would you? What would be the reason to use an accessed
directory over a the apparently architectured solution to specify the
SFS directory in the control file? Is there a performance benefit or
other?

Would it not be wise to use the (audited and controlled) SFS
administrator commands rather than "cheat" by exploiting the CP
privilege class of another server? Plus the issues we raised about
tools that zap VMDBKs.
I'm sure VM Development had a reason not to enable that interface by
default (or even with a sensible parameter in the DMSPARMS).

PS Simply the fact that one spent many hours on creating some local
tooling does not count as a reason to use it. After all, exploiting
locally written tools without a good reason is typically more
expensive than just throwing them away ;-)
http://despair.com/perseverance.html

Rob