On Tuesday, 07/07/2009 at 12:27 EDT, "Mr. Woofer" <mrwoo...@swbell.net>
wrote:
> Is this GDPS/VM???

Not really, no.  GDPS is a collection of Services offerings that create an
automated recovery HA/DR environment for System z (site failover, I/O
failover, ...) with special focus on z/OS.  GDPS already supports z/VM.

If you mean "Is a z/VM Single System Image similar to a z/OS SYSPLEX?"
then I would answer "Sort of."  It will be a tightly-coupled cluster of
z/VM systems that share resources, communicate information about those
resources, and share a single security context.  (And, no, it won't use
the Coupling Facility.)