I have a couple quick and dirty KEDIT macros that I run against the HTML

index page to build COPY commands that will copy the cryptic file name

from the CD to another drive and name it as the manual number and title

(taking care of special characters in the process).

Brian Nielsen

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:21:52 -0600, Scott Rohling
<scott.rohl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>As I am often in locations where internet access is either not possible
or
>not allowed, I really like to keep the official z/VM documentation on my

>laptop.   I know there are web pages with all the PDF files, etc..   But
>have issues using them:
>
>-  The PDF files are named with the manual number, rather than a human
>readable title.   I usually end up renaming them when I download (and am

>often inconsistent).
>-  I'm never sure I have the 'latest and greatest'
>-  The process is entirely manual
>
>So I'm wondering what other people do to keep local copies..   It would
be
>nifty to have something that checked the web pages for newer copies of t
he
>pdf files and did 'wget' or something on them - and was smart enough to

suck