I have installed the "z/VM V5R4 Information Center DVD" onto my (Windows)
laptop.  There's a collection of manuals and redbooks that are copied onto
the HD and a (java) app that provides a menu'd interface with search
capabilities (including the .pdf's).  I don't know if this was something
that was produced for releases earlier than 5.4.  The reference # is
"SK5T-7098-00".

My usual method, though, has been to download the manuals I wanted and do
the "Save As" routine, cutting and pasting the document title after the
"SCnnnnnn" original file name.  Of course since certain special chars like
"/" and ":" aren't accepted in file names one does need to do a bit of
editing frequently.  Still, it's better than a directory full of
indecipherable and non-descriptive filenames.

Karl S Huf | Senior Vice President | World Wide Technology
840 S Canal, Chicago, IL, 60607 | phone (312)630-6287 | k...@ntrs.com
Please visit northerntrust.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be
privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this
message from your system.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment
concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by
a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by
law. For more information about this notice, see
http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230

<<image/jpeg>>