On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM, David Boyes<dbo...@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>> FWIW, I can't find a Requirement for this in the requirements database.
>
> I submitted one 4 or 5 years back and had it closed SUG. If someone has a
> more concrete set of suggestions, I’d be glad to write it up.

I'd say an important part of the trick is that SYSPROF incorporates
calls to an optional local exit. When you need to modify shipped files
or code to make that call happen, we just moved the problem from one
place to the next.
As for at what moments to invoke such an exit (eg before accessing the
A-disk, after accessing the D disk, etc) a committee would end up with
a massive number of options and choices. Instead, I would suggest to
look at the IGS modification. That has grown during more than a decade
and probably has the things you tend to look for IRL.

Rob