Dear all,

I am wondering about the reaction of z/VM in case it would lose one or two
page datasets.

The reason is that I have a configuration with two DS-8000 where the page
datasets are spread all over those two machines.
DS-1 has the sysres, spool, and some page datasets and DS-2 it has
additional page datasets. The system disks are mirrored by PPRC. So in case
DS-1 will become unavailable I can continue on DS-2. This will be disruptive
of course. Since the page datasets consume a lot of addresses we don’t
mirror them.

In case DS-2 would become unavailable, would z/VM then crash?

Would it be better to have all CPOwned volumes on one DS-8000 or can my
current configuration remain as it is? Any opinion is appreciated very much.

Furthermore I would like to ask if the new version of z/VM will allow
emptying a page dataset in order to drain it and detach it without IPL. I
just experienced that a drain of that volume not really helps.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Fox