If you get an I/O error paging out or paging in,  I would suspect that z/VM
would abend.

I would think that by having the paging volumes on both, you would be
increasing your odds of a crash by 2x (1 for each ds8000 that could fail).

You don't have to replicate your page volumes, but you would want to have the
others sitting on DS2 initialized and ready to go.  You can use the same
volsers, but then you'd probably want to us different system config files and
the Offline_at_IPL statement depending on if you IPLd off of DS1 or off of DS2
(VM can IPL with a different system config file name in the load parm or from
the SAPL screen).

Or you can get really fancy and not go down at all and Hyperswap between ds8000
boxes.   That's a whole 'nother ballgame though.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation."