The problem with putting all your paging volumes on one DS-8000 then becomes performance. Your paging devices will now be sharing physical disks. When you write pages out to multiple "page devices", then all of the I/O is then going to the same set of hardware.

From a performance perspective, you want to alternate page devices across ranks of physical devices.

It is rare that you will lose the DS-8000. If you do, there are a lot of other things to worry about. Would be less optimal to have bad paging performance because of worrying about an outage that is very unlikely to happen.

Florian wrote:
Thank you,
This is what I expected. I fear also that the chance is doubled to crash the
system when the PAGING volumes are spread on both DS-8000. So I will correct
this soon.