I guess as the one who got bit, I'd offer one easy suggestion...

The finger check asked for 9728G (9.7+T), VM unceremoniously chopped it to 8T as the architecture limit. Why not have an option (not enabled by default) in the SYSTEM CONFIG file that says Max_Virt_Size. It could take numbers (like the USER storage specification), or OFF to indicate no checking. And maybe something like RSS for Real Storage Size to say you can't logon with or define storage to more than the amount of Real Storage.

And if you really wanted a full circle, then a directory option that said this one user could override that setting.

That said I'm kind of swamped for the next two weeks, but after that if someone wants to coach me on writing a requirement, I will...

Lee