On Tuesday, 10/27/2009 at 11:32 EDT, Michael Coffin
<michaelcof...@mccci.com> wrote:

> For  crying out loud IBM, can't you have a SINGLE sign-on for a customer
to be
> able  to access ALL of the services/entitlements that they've paid for?
Why do
> I  need an IBMLINK id/pw, an "IBM" (presumably Passport/Advantage -
although
> that's  NOT what I'm prompted to enter!) id/pw, a "ShopzSeries" id/pw!
And
> when  all of these accounts get out of synch, how about ONE support
phone
> number with  ONE knowledgable professional who can RESOLVE the problem
FULLY,
> instead of  bouncing customers around from phone number to phone number,

> ultimately being  directed to a web page that doesn't exist!  Geez!!!

I *think* They are working on IBM user ID consolidation and SSO.  I have a
similar issue with Lotus Quickr, which allows registration of IBM
Registration ids.  A lot of you have registered for an IBM id more than
once, creating a bit of havoc.  :-)

> Sorry  folks, I just had to vent............. !!!

Hypothetically speaking, if you were not receiving satisfactory results
from the z/VM team, what would you do?  Probably pick up the phone and ask
to speak to a duty manager.  If you were dissatisified with that
conversation, you'd open a critsit.  If you still weren't satisfied, you'd
start an escalation process with IBM senior management, where *your*
management would tell *IBM* management how many hours a month you are
wasting dealing with IBM bureaucracy and a misbehaving product, and how
much it is costing your company, and what do they plan to do about it, and
when?!? (breathe)

Imagine what z/VM Development's life would be like if 50 people with the
same complaint took the same action.  Or even ten.  Hypothetically.

Venting here might, inadvertantly I'm sure, cause a lot of phone calls to
be made.  Most unfortunate.