Hi, David.

In addition to specifying "type i" you might need to specify "mode b" as
well.

Good luck.

DJ

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:51:13 -0800, David Booher <david.boo...@quest.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a little knowledge problem here.  I'm trying to FTP in binary a
fixed reclen 80 file to another z/VM host system. Here's part of the log:

>bin
>200 Representation type is IMAGE.
>Command:
>quote site fix 80
>200 Site command was accepted.
>Command:
>put l10200.vmarc
>200 Site command was accepted.
>200 Port request OK.
>

>As soon as I enter the "put" command, a SITE VARrecfm command is supplie
by z/VM and the file ends up as VARIABLE on the remote side.  I'm trying
FTP binary and get FIXED on both sides.  If I download to a PC and then F
TP
back up to the remote z/VM, I don't see this problem because my Windows F
TP
doesn't "invent" a SITE VARrecfm command.