You must issue a SENDSITE command prior to the PUT. This will toggle the
default setting of automatically sending the "SITE VARrecfm" command prior to
the PUT.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of David Booher
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:51 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: FTP z/VM to z/VM

Hi all,

I have a little knowledge problem here.  I'm trying to FTP in binary a fixed
reclen 80 file to another z/VM host system. Here's part of the log:

bin
>>>TYPE i
200 Representation type is IMAGE.
Command:
quote site fix 80
>>>site fix 80
200 Site command was accepted.
Command:
put l10200.vmarc
>>>SITE VARrecfm        <<===== This is supplied by z/VM
200 Site command was accepted.
>>>PORT 10,4,23,2,87,217
200 Port request OK.
>>>STOR l10200.vmarc

As soon as I enter the "put" command, a SITE VARrecfm command is supplied by
z/VM and the file ends up as VARIABLE on the remote side.  I'm trying to FTP
binary and get FIXED on both sides.  If I download to a PC and then FTP back up
to the remote z/VM, I don't see this problem because my Windows FTP doesn't
"invent" a SITE VARrecfm command.

Your suggestions/input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Booher