You need to enter the SENDSITE command. This prevents the defaults from
taking over.

David Wakser

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of David Booher
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:51 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: FTP z/VM to z/VM

Hi all,

I have a little knowledge problem here.  I'm trying to FTP in binary a
fixed reclen 80 file to another z/VM host system. Here's part of the
log:

bin
>>>TYPE i
200 Representation type is IMAGE.
Command:
quote site fix 80
>>>site fix 80
200 Site command was accepted.
Command:
put l10200.vmarc
>>>SITE VARrecfm        <<===== This is supplied by z/VM
200 Site command was accepted.
>>>PORT 10,4,23,2,87,217
200 Port request OK.
>>>STOR l10200.vmarc

As soon as I enter the "put" command, a SITE VARrecfm command is
supplied by z/VM and the file ends up as VARIABLE on the remote side.
I'm trying to FTP binary and get FIXED on both sides.  If I download to
a PC and then FTP back up to the remote z/VM, I don't see this problem
because my Windows FTP doesn't "invent" a SITE VARrecfm command.

Your suggestions/input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Booher

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, including any attachment to it, may contain
material that is confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or "Protected Health
Information," within the meaning of the regulations under the Health Insurance
Portability & Accountability Act as amended.  If it is not clear that you are
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, including any attachment to it, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender
and delete it from your system. Thank you.