>>> On 11/22/2009 at  6:54 PM, Wayne Bickerdike <wayn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thanks for the replies so far.
>
> Just to clarify my question:
>
> I was trying to expand on what Matthew Donald had posted. My guess is
> that I need to run a 64 BIT O/S for Hercules because from what I've
> read, z/VM needs at least  3GB of main for the z/VM evaluation.

I'm surprised that no one else has said this, so I guess I'll have to.  IBM is
not willing to license any of their operating systems on Hercules.  That
includes the z/VM Evaluation Edition, which it appears you are trying to run.
If you want to run z/VM, you'll need real System z hardware, and in the case of
z/VM EE, a z10.

Mark Post