On: Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 07:14:08PM -0700,Scott Rohling Wrote:

} ahem ..   as long as n >= 2          :-)
}
} Scott
}
} On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Schuh, Richard <rsc...@visa.com> wrote:
}
} > Hats off to Alan. He has, again, come through with a sensible answer, and a
} > bit of history. Our MVS guys confirmed that there was no such thing defined
} > in their world (but I would wager that they can, at most, vary n-1 cpus off
} > of a system that has n).

No, applies even if n=1.  If n=1, you can vary off n-1 = 0 processors.
:-)

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67