As I said I know there are multiple ways to do what I wanted. I actually use
several different ways of doing it depending on the situation.

I have a small 5.4 running 2nd level that I test apply maintenance on before
any 1st level install. It has a virtual CTC to 1st level RSCS and I send files
back and forth that way.

When I roll out new upgraded releases with a new res, I use the shared minidisk
(R/W on 1st level, R/O on 2nd) to move files up and swap if I need to go the
other way.

In this case I was going to have 6 different systems IPL'd under the same id
(obviously not at the same time). Felt the PUNCH was easiest.

Bob Bates
Enterprise Hosting Services

w. (469)892-6660
c. (214) 907-5071

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for
your cooperation."