I use VMFTP to create EXECs / VMFTP macros that get through our firewall
just fine. Of course your
firewall may well be different. If you have to respond to a firewall prom
pt in some way, VMFTP
allows you to do that, while stacked FTP subcommands do not.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:10:04 -0500, Bill Munson <william.mun...@bbh.com>
wrote:

>For in house we have no problem with REXX exec's from VM to LINUX, UNIX,

>or windows
>
>For outside FTP,s we have to use a FTP proxy server and that can not be
>put into EXEC's or SCRIPT's
>
>Bill Munson
>Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
>Brown Brothers Harriman & CO.
>525 Washington Blvd.
>Jersey City, NJ 07310
>201-418-7588
>
>President MVMUA
>http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/
>http://www.linkedin.com/in/BillMunson
>

>"Stricklin, Raymond J" <raymond.j.strick...@boeing.com>
>Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
>01/14/2010 10:57 AM
>Please respond to
>The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

>IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>cc
>
>Subject
>Re: advise on a simple REXX script to automate FTP from zVM to Linux
>server

..