On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:11:52AM -0500, Michael Short wrote:

> I believe he also developed NetRexx, which was a lot
> easier to comprehend than JAVA; at least for me.

I do not believe the TOOLS facility has been mentioned
so far.  I can't imagine IBM's rediscovery of the business
value of the Bazaar would have occurred without their own
experience internally as facilitated by TOOLS, a tool
itself.  This was HUGE in terms of IBM's continued
existence period.  The corporate embrace of GNU/Linux
could not have happened in 1990.
--
[standard good wishes elided out of respect for Sir Mike]

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________