I hoped the readers would realize that my code snipped wasn't meant to have
a real text, I wanted to illustrate what I can code.

So, you begged for real examples, here from SFSULIST EXEC:
if fpool='' then do
   'QUERY FILEPOOL CURRENT(LIFO'
   parse pull . fpool .
   if fpool='NONE' then call ErrExit 5,'There is no default filepool',,
      'Issue'   Myname 'fpool',,
      'or       SET FILEPOOL fpool    and  'myname
end
/* Is filepool available ? */
'PIPE COMMAND CMDCALL QUERY LIMITS *' fpool '|VAR EMSG'
if rc<>0 then call ErrExit rc,emsg

The example also illustrates how to grab messages from commands that
normally don't produce error messages when called under control of ADDRESS
COMMAND (or PIPE's COMMAND stage): you insert CMDCALL before the command

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support