Guys, please realize what I put forth works for ME, and it is up to YOU
to either use it, modify it, or throw it in the trash. As it stands, it
works perfectly well for its limited intended purpose in my plain-jane
VM admin environment. I usually don't shoot for "elegant" or "proper"
when I want it quick and functional, so I apologize for that. You can
hang stuff all over it all day long until it looks like the Elephant
Man, and it won't work one bit better.

Now if this were a scheduled production routine, or distributed to my
3000+ end users, or involved a few hundred lines of code, there would
naturally be more optimization and checking built in. So in this case
take it or leave it for what it is - just a quick and dirty admin
construct that helps relieve over-taxed memory cells. Again, SFSLIST on
the IBM downloads page is more polished and the one you want for
prime-time use.

Your critiques are well intended but I hope they don't dissuade others
from posting their little tricks of the trade that we can all benefit
from.

Ray