Well , I told me my automation guy to use VMOPER to trap messages starting with
'HCP' and ending with an 'E' and I got an unexpected side effect.

After XAUTOLOGing the user, It did trap the HCPLNM108E message that indicates
the minidisk was not linked but it also trapped some other messages at IPL CMS
time. The SYSPROF EXEC invokes another EXEC that does a bunch of accesses. Now
some of those minidisk don't exist (it's an old EXEC). I see on VM:Operator
console:

14:17:24 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 31B accessed as H/H   SYSCOR Technical Minidisk.

14:17:24 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 49E accessed as I/I   SYSCOR Disk 1.

14:17:24 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 59E accessed as J/J   SYSCOR Disk 2.

14:17:24 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 491 accessed as K/K   SYSCOR Production JCL.

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 317 accessed as N/N   DITTO for VSE and VM.

14:17:25 VSEMAINT *8 HCPQVD040E Device 0318 does not exist

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 319 accessed as P/P   Program Products.

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 219 accessed as Q/Q   Program Products (old).

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 31D accessed as U/U   SYSCOR OEM Programs.

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 31C accessed as V/V   SYSCOR Operations.

14:17:25 VSEMAINTB*8 Mdisk 31A accessed as X/X   SYSCOR User Installed Applicat

14:17:25 VSEMAINT *8 HCPQVD040E Device 031E does not exist

Those HCLQVD040E messages got trapped.

Now, if I logoff that user and actually logon to user, I don't see the
HCPQVD040E messages??

Now, I'm debating to just trap the HCPLNM108E, but will I miss out on any other
error messages that could appear right after LOGON? Maybe I should create dummy
318/31E to get rid of problem?

Mike Horlick

Conseiller

CGI Gestion Intégrée des Technologies