Time to call IBM service.  The processor may have "called home".
Jim

On 5/26/2010 10:05 AM, Bob Atton wrote:
--=_alternative 004D688A8025772F_=

We have had a very strange and unusual message today on our z/VM 5.4
system.

I had a report that our zLinux guests were not accessible (putty, ping,
ssh all no good).  I logged on to MAINT OK but soon after when I had
issued a command I got the following messages.

  10:29:47  * MSG FROM MAINT   : DMSITM319T Machine check interrupt was
encountered; MCIC = X'4002AFBD 400B0000 00000000 00000000'
  10:29:47  * MSG FROM MAINT   : DMSITM319T Disabled wait entered, please
re-IPL CMS.
HCPGIR450W CP entered; disabled wait PSW 000A0000 817C009E

CMS would not IPL but I could IPL 190.

When I tried to start the zLinux guests they initially failed with the
messages above because they IPL CMS but when I IPLed 190 and ran the
profile etc to start linux I saw

HCPMCV1459E The virtual machine is placed in check-stop state due to a
system malfunction with CPU 00.

After a while we IPLed the VM system and all appears to be OK.

Has anyone else seen such strange behaviour?

Regards

Bob

--
James Bohnsack