I would ask him to explain 'with z/OS being present' - and then ask him to
explain 'native'   ;-)   Maybe those words don't mean what he thinks they do
or what you think they do?   The 'presence' of z/OS seems especially
ambiguous in his statement..  what the heck does that mean?   Lurking
nearby?  ;)

z/VM can run a z/OS guest, which can run CICS..   there's no 'z/VM CICS'
product.

Scott Rohling