My 2 cents....Two previous employers dropped the mainframe for SAP one on HP
UNIX the other laughably on WINDOZE servers.
The HP conversion was budgeted at $10 mil .. a few years and $50 mil
later the company went bankrupt. Company 2 managed a sucessful conversion
but now they spend all of their time adding hardware and rebooting WINDOZE.
There has been no savings or increase in productivity.