Hello Alan,

On Friday, July 23, 2010, 5:16:48 PM, you wrote:

> On Friday, 07/23/2010 at 04:56 EDT, Al Dunsmuir <al.dunsm...@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:

>> I  still  have  no  idea about SFS files (will have to spend some time
>> reading  the  online  docs).  Support for those will likely come later
>> (and  will  certainly  need  assistance  for  testing, as we don't use
>> them).

> To the extent that SFS directories are usually accessed as a filemode, you
> have some support already.  The more powerful capability is to handle SFS
> directory contents *without* using a filemode.
>
> Alan Altmark
> z/VM Development
> IBM Endicott

So  the  bottom  line  is  that  handling the full SFS naming would be
useful  to  some, but having just the CMD-native and BFS support would
cover the majority of user requirements.

Doing that last piece to cover SFS directories will depend to how well
SFS access works when using the zVM C compiler/runtime. If it's simply
a bit of parsing code with clearly defined rules followed by a parm or
two on fopen() it is do-able.

Al