The obvious argument against using the rdev in the volser is  when you end
up needing to move the data to a new volume, or restore the pack after a
physical problem, then you no longer have a match between the volser and the
rdev, and it becomes very confusing from there.

There really isnĀ¹t one ideal way to do it.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OC-1-18             200 First Street SW    /V\