Another clue from HELP WAKEUP:

Seven WAKEUP options cause data to be stacked: EXT, FILE, IO, IUCVMSG,
SMSG,
TIME, and VMCF. WAKEUP stacks the data in the following order regardless
of
the order the options are specified when you invoke
WAKEUP:

  1.   Current date and
time

  2.   Line from the WAKEUP TIMES file, or an asterisk (*) if no line is
found

  3.   An IUCV, SMSG or VMCF message, or EXT or IO interrupt
data.

Note:  In general, the last line stacked by WAKEUP is the one you really
want
       to use, not the first
line.

Scott Rohling