On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM, George Henke/NYLIC
<george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:

> Why now the need Expanded Storage in the VM world to accommodate LINUX guests
> when Expanded Storage in the MVS world is a thing of the past?

Other Frequently asked Questions that I rarely bother to answer:

"Why have z/VM run Linux guests when MVS can't do it?"
"Why does z/VM page at all? Our MVS LPAR has enough storage that we
don't have to."

As Alan says, it's different operating systems with different
workloads. The only thing in common is that they can run on the same
hardware, even next to each other. Isn't that cute?