Seems nice, but, why not
*USER -540RES- xxxxxxxx 64M 1G                                       *
*MDISK A00  3390 00000 00001 540RES RR * Access to Allocation Bitmap *
*MDISK F00  3390 00000 10016   540RES RR * Access to full volume       * **
One line less, same effort.

But, then comes the day you get for example a good backup SW and you need to
exclude all these users=volser.  That's why we used use FULLPACK, and only
that user had FULLPACK mdisks, FULLPACK's MDISK addresses correspond to the
rdevno.
Other fullpack requirements where fullfilled with a LINK FULLPACK instead of
an MDISK. The resident was defined twice: MDISK 123 and MDISK rdevaddr, so
DIRMAINT simply had LINK FULLPACK 123 123 MW, not LINK FULLPACK rdev 123 MW.
For VM:BACKUP, only FULLPACK had to be excluded (fully described in the
document I happily send to anyone requesting it).

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support