I admit that I've always stayed away from SFS.  But recently I've decided to
use it to share files between VM systems.
Here is something I don't understand.  I access a SFS, it shows as R/O, yet
I can edit and save a file, but then can't erase it?!
What am I missing that allows me to edit a file on a R/O accessed SFS?

acc vmuser:ddisk. d
DMSACR723I D (VMUSER:DDISK.) *R/O*
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 08:09:27

q disk d

LABEL  VDEV M  STAT   CYL TYPE BLKSZ   FILES  BLKS USED-(%) BLKS LEFT  BLK
TOTAL
-      DIR  D   *R/O*     -    - 4096      281             -          -
     -

xedit test data d
     I changed and saved the file.
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 08:06:08

erase test data d
DMSERS037E Filemode D is accessed as read/only
Ready(00036); T=0.01/0.01 08:07:33

--
Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer