Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 13:58:45 +0200
From: cgallin...@amadeus.com
Subject: Re: Strange performance problem
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

"Quay, Jonathan (IHG)" <jonathan.q...@ihg.com> wrote :-

> Colin, can you say what the workload is?  z/TPF guests, VPARS, Linux, CMS?

It is a mixed TPF(4.2 - not Z/TPF) guests / VPARS / CMS workload.

Naturally, TPF guests are the heaviest users.

I have seen this sort of problem before when we have streaming output from one
of the TPF guests that has filled all the CP spool or IUCV buffers and I have
also seen it when DITTO goes into a loop of retries after running off the end
of a tape. I have also seen it when there are huge despatch queues due to very
heavy processor load.

None of these seem to be the case at the moment.

Colin Allinson
VM Systems Support
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH