From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Stephen Powell
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 4:06 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: ICKSADSF Parms

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:28:23 -0400 (EDT), Ray Waters wrote:

> Once you get the SAPL screen up on SYSG, Then you perform the FILELIST via
> PF9.
> Then tab down to ICKSADSF MODULE and SELECT.  This will place ICKSADSF into
> your
> SAPL screen.  Next use a Load Origin of 1000.  Then tab past IPL PARAMETERS
> and
> type CONS=SYSG and press PF10.
>
> This should get you what you want.

In my second-level testing, using TERMINAL SYS3270 ON, this did not work.  But
I was able to use SYSC.  Here are the equivalent first-level instructions:

(1) Open both the Integrated 3270 Console and Operating System Messages windows
    for the LPAR being IPLed.

(2) Double-click on the LOAD icon in the CPC Recovery Menu while the desired
    LPAR (and only that LPAR) is selected.

(3) Enter the device number of the volume which contains the SAPL in the
    load address field and SYSG in the LOADPARM field.  Proceeed with LOAD.

(4) The SAPL will initialize on the Integrated 3270 Console window.  Give that
    window the focus.

(5) On the SAPL screen, change the module name to ICKSADSF (defaults to
    CPLOAD, of course) and the load origin to 1000 (if it isn't already).
    Then tab down to the IPL PARAMETERS field and type

       CONS=SYSC

    in the data field, wiping out whatever else may have been there originally.
    Leave no residual characters.  Then press PF10 (F10) to load.

(6) Now switch focus to the Operating System Messages window.  You should see

    ICK005E DEFINE INPUT DEVICE, REPLY 'DDDD,CUU' OR 'CONSOLE'
    ENTER INPUT/COMMAND:

You should know how to handle it from there.  In short, SAPL
supports SYSG but not SYSC; and ICKDSF supports SYSC but not SYSG!
Therefore, both the Integrated 3270 Console window and the Operating
System Messages window must be used, each for its own task.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :