From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Marcy Cortes
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:21 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Dynamic IO Gens on boxes without z/OS?

Hello VM'ers.

We have new z196 boxes being installed that will have VM only and no z/OS.
z/OS folks have been doing our i/o gens for many years.
They tell me that they can write the new IOCDS from z/OS but will be unable to
dynamically activate it from z/OS.  POR's would be required.

Is this correct?  Is there anyway to do a dynamic gen if we want them to keep
doing it?   VM HCD perhaps?

Marcy