It seems (though I did not set this up so I am not certain) that the VM
users are only not connected for a moment, when things get "reset" (I
believe monitoring is stopped every hour to send off data, and then
restarted and the user then becomes re-connected).

The following display (Q MONITOR) shows the following whenever I have
issued the command (note the connected user LINMON):

q monitor

MONITOR EVENT ACTIVE    BLOCK    4     PARTITION    1024

MONITOR DCSS NAME - MONDCSS

CONFIGURATION SIZE       68 LIMIT         1 MINUTES

CONFIGURATION AREA IS FREE

USERS CONNECTED TO *MONITOR - LINMON

MONITOR   DOMAIN ENABLED

PROCESSOR DOMAIN ENABLED

STORAGE   DOMAIN DISABLED

SCHEDULER DOMAIN DISABLED

SEEKS     DOMAIN DISABLED

USER      DOMAIN ENABLED

   THE FOLLOWING USERIDS ARE ENABLED:

      UNIPRD2  UNIPROD  UNITEST

I/O       DOMAIN ENABLED

   THE FOLLOWING DEVICES ARE ENABLED:

      1317-13AF  1417-147A

NETWORK   DOMAIN DISABLED

APPLDATA  DOMAIN DISABLED

MONITOR SAMPLE ACTIVE

               INTERVAL    5 MINUTES

               RATE     5.00 SECONDS

MONITOR DCSS NAME - MONDCSS
CONFIGURATION SIZE     1536 LIMIT         1 MINUTES
CONFIGURATION AREA IS FREE
USERS CONNECTED TO *MONITOR - LINMON
MONITOR   DOMAIN ENABLED
SYSTEM    DOMAIN ENABLED