AH, OK, I understand. We run a monwrite that gets never stopped. Within
MONWRITE we run a custom pipeline, it retrieves data with the STARMON
stage and a second stage waits for the cleanup command with STARMSG. The
cleanup command forces the monwrite machine to cleanup the disks.

Before that we ran the basic MONWRITE and then we stopped the monitor
every day. But we also have PERFKIT running so there was always at least
one user connected to MONITOR. So that's a way for this, just add a user
that connects to the MONITOR and does nothing with the data ("PIPE
STARMON | HOLE").