In fact, the 1993 version that I have will let you put almost anything you want in the RDYMSG!

Les

Kris Buelens wrote:
I've got two things

   - CMMOUSE (an as-is tool, part of Pcomm).  I used it to logon and setthe
   window's title bar to the VM nodeid and userid.  I created REXX scripts to
   automated the logon, worked 100% fine in the VTAM days, now with TCP/IP a
   bit less.  I can shared these scripts, but you surely have to adapt them.
   - An RDYMSG EXEC that changes the CMS Ready message nbr.  No need to set
   yourself under a WAKEUP sheel like shown above:

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Have a RDYMSG with a highlighted 'USERID at NODE'                    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------*/
address command
'IDENTIFY (LIFO'
pull myid . mynode .
rdymsg.1 = '& 3'
rdymsg.2 = '8116      Ready'||'1DE8'x||myid 'at' mynode||'1D60'x

'RENAME DMSUME REPOS A RDYMSG REPOS A'
ren_rc = rc
if rc*(rc<>28) = 0 then do
  'EXECIO 2 DISKW DMSUME REPOS A3 0 F 80 (FINIS STEM RDYMSG.'
  'GENMSG DMSUME REPOS A3 DMS (NOLIST MARGIN 63'
  'SET LANG (ADD DMS USER'
  'ERASE DMSUME TEXT'
end
if ren_rc = 0 then 'RENAME RDYMSG REPOS  A DMSUME REPOS A'