On Thursday, 01/06/2011 at 03:28 EST, George Henke/NYLIC
<george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:
> The ZOS console does not have the command line at the bottom.
>
> There is no way to input data.
>
> I can dial into TSO np, even look at the console in EJES (we are JES3),
and
> everything else looks fine.
>
> But just logging onto to ZOS guest through SuperSession and entering *b*
shows
> the ZOS console output only without any command line at the bottom.
>
> We do have a VTAM vsm, but ZOS consoles are BTAM, not VTAM terminals.

1. Is the virtual console address recognized by your z/OS guest as a
console?
2. Is the virtual console defined as a 3270 instead of the usual 3215?

I think MVS will fall back to the integrated console, so you can use #CP
VINPUT VMSG to enter commands.  In particular, use that to enter the VARY
commando activate the console once you get the configuration straightened
out.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training