From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:06 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Sending files to JES

On Tuesday, 03/08/2011 at 02:00 EST, "Shumate, Scott"
<scshum...@bbandt.com> wrote:
> That works  great.
>
> Now I'm  running into a new problem.  The file I'm sending is too big.

I get
> the following message.
>
> DMSPUN044E  Record exceeds allowable maximum
>
> Any ideas  how I can get around this?

If you're sending to a TSO user, just SENDFILE fn ft TO user AT mvsnode.

It gets packaged up in NETDATA format.

If you're submitting a job, then you're limited to 80 bytes.  If you are
doing printing, then you need to use the PRINT command and a virtual
printer (1403, 3800, or AFP).

Tell us more about what you're trying to do.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices