That would be great.  Can I take a look at it?

Thanks
Scott

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:47 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Sending files to JES

On our VM systems, we had some processes that sent a CMS file embedded
in an MVS job.  The MVS job started TSO in batch to receive the file.
At last that single job could carry multiple CMS files.  As a result,
the REXX code became less than easy to read for beginners.  I can dig
that up, on condition that the receiver is prepared to unravel that a
bit (I'm convinced I already sent that once to someone).

2011/3/8 David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>

        On 3/8/11 2:21 PM, "Ward, Mike S" <mw...@ssfcu.org> wrote:

        >Why not FTP it?

        Simple enough: Automating NJE transfer is trivial -- NJE is
        fire-and-forget in that the system daemons handle routing,
retries, and
        guaranteed delivery (short of someone clearing spool for some
stupid
        reason). If you've got the NJE connection, it's really, really
easy to do
        this. NJE also doesn't require an active userid on the remote
system to
        transfer files, and it doesn't tie up your userid while the file
transfer
        is going on.

        Automating FTP transfer is a PITA, especially if you care if it
actually
        arrives and/or if you hit a problem mid-transfer. Out of space
errors  (or
        any other trivial problem) are hard to recover from in a FTP
script

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support