I am not sure about this, but I think it might be that the mdisks
get detached and re-linked, which would kill your SFS server
if they were TDISK.

See what response you get to:
#cp q v 301-305
immediately after the failure.

The reason I think I remember this is that years ago I once
tried to define the mdisks as slightly different addresses
than the ones in the CP directory (#CP DEF B301 301),
and ran into problems. IIRC the server wanted to be able
to LINK to the addresses I had given it.

Shimon