On Thursday, 04/07/2011 at 12:10 EDT, Ray Padre <ray.pa...@metcash.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Alan.  I've been googling but finding no useful information on
> the topic.  Can you suggest a good reference on the subject?

Once you've selected an LPAR on the HMC, one of the Recovery actions will
be "Integrated 3270 Console".  Open it up and you'll get a CP logo.  If
you want it to be the operator's console at IPL, then you need to have the
window open BEFORE you IPL.  If you don't have SYSTEM_3270 in your
OPERATOR_CONSOLES statement in SYSTEM CONFIG, then you'll need to specify
a console of CONSSYSG in the loadparm.

Don't use the "Configure 3270 Sessions" app.  That's for creating telnet
sessions.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training