Are you talking about a 9672 which is at least 2 if not at least 3
generations old?  What would be the most current version of VM that box
could run?

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:08 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VM CONSOLE on the 9672

Does your 9672 runs in LPAR mode?  If not, it is possible that the
Integrated 3270 console doesn't work, it'll remain black.

And, to complement Alan: you enter SYSG in the loadparm field to get the
SAPL screen.  Then in the overrides, you can enter CONS=SYSG to get CP
there too.

2011/4/7 Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>

On Thursday, 04/07/2011 at 12:10 EDT, Ray Padre <ray.pa...@metcash.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Alan.  I've been googling but finding no useful information on
> the topic.  Can you suggest a good reference on the subject?

Once you've selected an LPAR on the HMC, one of the Recovery actions
will
be "Integrated 3270 Console".  Open it up and you'll get a CP logo.  If
you want it to be the operator's console at IPL, then you need to have
the
window open BEFORE you IPL.  If you don't have SYSTEM_3270 in your
OPERATOR_CONSOLES statement in SYSTEM CONFIG, then you'll need to
specify
a console of CONSSYSG in the loadparm.

Don't use the "Configure 3270 Sessions" app.  That's for creating telnet
sessions.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training