Does your 9672 runs in LPAR mode?  If not, it is possible that the
Integrated 3270 console doesn't work, it'll remain black.

And, to complement Alan: you enter SYSG in the loadparm field to get the
SAPL screen.  Then in the overrides, you can enter CONS=SYSG to get CP there
too.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support